BRITTNEY GRINER OBTAINS SEASONLONG WNBA CARES AREA ASSIST HONOR

Príspevok v téme: BRITTNEY GRINER OBTAINS SEASONLONG WNBA CARES AREA ASSIST HONOR
Kerkering11

PHOENIX-- The WNBA announced today that Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner has earned the Seasonlong WNBA Cares Area Assist Honor in recognition of her considerable job in promoting the safe return of wrongful detainees overseas and helping marginalized areas in Phoenix. Griner, the June WNBA Cares Community Assist Award recipient, is the 2nd consecutive Mercury gamer to win the honor. Mercury ahead Brianna Turner obtained the award last period. "I'm thankful to obtain this acknowledgment from the WNBA but much more thankful to the X-Factor fans, fans all around the league, and our Phoenix Mercury organization for collaborating this year to make a difference through my Heart and Sole Footwear Drive and Bring Our Family Members Home, " said Griner. "I understand the possibility, benefit and duty I need to make a distinction in the lives of others www.mercuryteamstore.com
, and I'll always continue to be fully commited to that." Given that rejoining the Mercury in February 2023 after being wrongfully detained in Russia, Griner has focused on two solution campaigns: Bring Our Households Home, a project comprised of family members of Americans held captive or wrongfully detained overseas that supporters to spread out awareness regarding their situations and safe return home; and the BG Heart Sole Shoe Drive, which sustains unhoused people in the Phoenix metro community. Throughout the 2023 WNBA season, Griner teamed up with BOFH to tell the tales of wrongfully restrained Americans abroad. The project introduced in April with the unveiling of a mural at the Mercury's home arena, Footprint Center, that included the face of Griner and even more than a lots detained individuals. The 30-foot-wide painting includes a QR code that routes to , informing fans about the mission and just how to get and the Mercury held family members and good friends of wrongful detainees at Mercury games in Phoenix az and around the country when the group saw various other markets, and included in-game PSAs and social media material to maintain the names and stories of those apprehended top-of-mind. In addition, the BOFH logo design was fastened to the Mercury's home court the entire 2023 part of the partnership with BOFH, the Mercury established a letter-writing terminal at every normal period home video game for fans to compose handwritten notes of hope and inspiration to those detained and calls for action to chosen authorities to continue to work to bring individuals home. Various other WNBA groups additionally joined the letter-writing project at their home video games against founded the BG Heart Sole Shoe Drive in 2016 to supply new and gently utilized shoes to unhoused individuals in the Phoenix city area.